Hello everyone it’s Barry from Barry’s Auto Body, and today we are talking about something that I am especially proud of. We have been honoring one member of our community each month as the Staten Island Community Member of the Month. We recognize business owners, philanthropists, community leaders, or politicians who work hard to facilitate positive change in our community!
- Marco DiDonna for his work with the Carl V. Bini Fund.
- Cory Schifter for his outstanding accomplishments in his business, Cory Schifter Casale Jewelers.
- Jacqueline Filis, the Executive Director at the YMCA Counseling Service.
- Michael Riley, former NYPD Lieutenant and President of the Community Education Council 31, who is now serving as the Assemblyman to the 62nd District.
- Celia Iervasi, an Associate Broker for Casandra Properties and Chairperson of the Staten Island South Shore YMCA Counseling Center.
- Guy Molinari, who represented our community as State Assemblyman, Congressman and Borough President during his long career in public service.
- Rob Capolongo, a Sergeant with the NYPD and the president and co-founder of Michael’s Cause, a public charity raising awareness of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
- Ron Castorina Jr. for his former work as current Assembly member of the 62nd District in Staten Island.
- Richard Canci, a six-time cancer survivor, who founded the Five Time Foundation, a non-profit that helps cancer patients and their families cover treatment costs and expenses of daily living.
- Steve Argentine, owner of A-List Tile & Flooring and A-List janitorial Supplies Inc. who has helped countless families with the Verrazano Kiwanis club.
- Sandy Haft, who is the director of Sunrise Day Camp Staten Island, the world’s only day camp dedicated for children with cancer and their siblings, all completely free of charge.
- Richard and Lois Nicotra, whose generosity has made a great impact on many areas in Staten Island. Together they established the Nicotra Group, LLC, which over time has blossomed into Staten Island’s main real estate and development company. In addition they started the Lois & Richard Nicotra Foundation, parent to the COMMONS café, a restaurant, which donates 100% of its profits to benefit Staten Island.
- Dr. Gracelyn Santos, who has served the community as a family and cosmetic dentist in a private practice for 22 years. She is the director of the St. George Theatre, Meals on Wheels of S.I., and the Museum of Maritime Navigation and Communication. Santos also writes a column for the Staten Island Advance “Gracelyn’s Chronicles, Diary of a Working Mom,” which is based on her experiences as a mother of three children.
- Joseph Ferrara, who we recognized for his work as the Principal of BFC Partners and Empire Outlets NYC.
We at Barry’s Auto Body are thrilled to be involved in awarding these outstanding people for their efforts to make their community and Staten Island a better place. We always look forward to scouting out the next great community leader and giving them the recognition they deserve.
Thank you all for participating and as always, drive safe.