Just as exposure to weather and airborne particles can cause damage to your vehicles exterior paint finish, so can it damage your headlight lens. Oxidization causes your headlight lenses to lose their gleam and clarity, reducing the brightness of the headlight. Barry’s Auto Body offers expert headlight restoration service to clients in the New York City, Staten Island and Elizabeth, NJ areas.
Foggy lenses reduce the brightness of your headlight making driving at night dangerous for you and oncoming vehicles. Headlight Restoration is a quick, cost effective solution to keep your vehicle operating safely.
Headlight Restoration at Barry’s Auto Body
The purchase and installation of new headlight lenses can be costly and time consuming. Barry’s Auto Body’s team of certified professionals use the proper tools and equipment to provide Headlight Restoration service that will save you time and money.
Did You Know:
Experts in Headlight Restorations
Though others offer Headlight Restoration service, not all technicians take the time to properly prepare for the job. Proper Headlight Restoration requires patience and meticulous attention to detail to avoid scratching the lens. See below for Barry’s Auto Body’s step by step Headlight Restoration process.
Our Restoration Process
- Clean surface with soap and water
- Clean surface with Pre Kleano by Basf wax and silicone remover.
- Wipe dry with ultra fine detailing cloth and let dry
- Back tape and mask off entire headlight area as to not damage your car’s paint at least 36 inches away from surface of headlight
- Dry sand headlight with between 1000 grit to 2000 grit sandpaper removing any yellowing and imperfections as possible
- Compound headlight with Presta’s Renulite headlight compound to remove any scratches sand paper may have caused
- Repeat steps 1,2 & 3
- Blow out headlight area getting all sand dust, dirt and debris off of headlight and away from cracks and crevices
- Spray Presta’s Renulite kit onto headlight to give it a lasting clear coat shine and a new head light look.
- Leave car in direct sunlight to dry for at least 15 minutes
- Once dry remove all tape and masking paper.
- Clean headlights and car