Most people dread dealing with auto body shops because they aren’t familiar with the work they do so they aren’t sure if they are getting what they pay for. Also, stories about shops that provide shoddy repairs or leave some repairs incomplete to keep the customer coming back over and again are all too familiar.
In order to be sure that you are dealing with a dependable auto body shop, consider these five things:
- Does the shop offer transparent pricings? If your shop doesn’t post their prices on their website, on the walls of their shop or in a brochure, you should think twice before using them. A dependable body shop will let you see their prices so there are no surprises when the bill comes.
- Does the shop offer a written warranty on its work? A dependable body shop will stand behind its work by providing customers with a written warranty. Putting things in writing is a strong sign that your repairs will be done right the first time.
- Does the shop employ trained technicians? New cars come with new technology so the technicians that repair your car should be trained and experienced in repairing every area of the vehicle. Ask about certification and training before handing your vehicle over to a body shop.
- Does the shop work for you or the insurance company? Many auto body shops are registered in insurance company’s direct repair programs, meaning that the insurance company refers clients in exchange for a quick and cheap repair. If your shop is enrolled in a DRP, be sure to ask whether or not they are using original manufacturer parts in the repair of your car.
- Does the shop use environmentally friendly products? The automotive industry is producing new environmentally friendly products to be used in vehicle repair and maintenance. A dependable body shop will use eco-friendly products in order to leave the world a cleaner, healthier place for future generations.
Barry’s Auto Body provides customers with transparent pricing, a written warranty on its work, trained and expert collision technicians, a liaison to help clients put in insurance claims, and quality repairs using eco-friendly products. Call us today at 718 948-8585 to schedule an appointment.