Here are a few ways to clean your vehicle to help STOP the spread of the corona virus. (We are not medical professionals so these are all just helpful tips. Please ask your doctor for medical instructions on how to clean your vehicle.) ANY PRODUCTS YOU SEE HERE. TEST SMALL SPOT FIRST TO MAKE SURE IT DOES NOT DESTROY YOUR CARS INTERIOR OR EXTERIOR.
- We recommend you clean the inside of your vehicle thoroughly first. Wash with soap and water. Then use a de-greaser to remove silicone, wax, grease, road tar and oils. We use Pre-Kleno by BASF.
- Wear a mask, gloves, eye gear, and long sleeves while cleaning your car.
- If going to the car wash remember that you may not be the only person who has used that tool. Wear gloves. Clean it before you clean your car, suv or truck.
- Disinfect all high-touch areas. Some high-touch areas are the shift knob, steering wheel, door handles, center console, dashboard, all 4 doors interior and exterior. These high touch areas require more attention than the rest of your automobile.
- Lysol is great in a quick pinch but this may damage your vehicles interior. I would test a sample first. Make sure it does not stain your cars interior.
- Here is a link to a You Tube video on how to clean, polish and wax your car.
- Here is another link for How To Super Clean Your Windshield & Interior.
- Here is a link to another blog post we have done with a list of some other materials that may help out.
- Here is a link to a helpful list from the CDC on how to keeps buildings and vehicles clean to help you on your quest to prevent the Corona Virus.
- The Department of Consumer Reports link “How You Can Kill Coronavirus in Your Car Without Damaging Interior Surfaces“
Spend a little extra time on your car because the CDC has said doing a quick wash does not always clean the Corona Virus off. Your health is worth the extra 10 seconds.