Maintaining your car brakes is very important. Brakes play an important role in stopping the car during an emergency. It protects you and your passenger’s life. If your breaks have a squealing sound, that indicates that your car needs to have a brake service immediately. If you notice this sound or any other sign, relating to car braking performance then stop at your local auto repair shop.
Why is it important to go for brake maintenance service?
Brakes should work properly at all times. Maintenance of brakes is essential in order to avoid costly repairs or catastrophic brake failure. Following are few reasons that makes a car brake repair important-
- Wearing down of brake pads, shoes, drums, and rotors
- Affect on the brake’s hydraulic components such as calipers, wheel cylinders, and brake hoses
- Failure of brakes
Experts of an auto repair shop will first inspect the brake system thoroughly. After determining the problem, the experts will explain the problem to you and the repair service needed for it. They will then provide you with a written estimate before starting a maintenance service.
Qualified experts of auto repair shops are certified in carrying out the maintenance, repair, and replacement of a brake system. Following are the services included in brake repair-
- Replacing of worn-out brake pads
- Resurfacing brake rotors or drums
- Repair of Brake Hoses and Steel Lines
- Anti-Lock Braking System repair or replacement
- Replacing brake fluid
How often should a car owner get brakes checked?
Inspection of brakes should be done at least once a year. However, if the owner experiences any of the following signs, then they should get the brake system checked immediately-
- Squeaking, squealing, or grinding sound of brakes
- Flashing of anti-lock braking system (ABS) warning light
- Loss of grip
- After using brakes, if car jerks or pulls to one side
- Brake pedal are either too soft or hard
- Leaking of brake fluid around the wheels or engine compartment
- Car takes longer time to stop
Regular maintenance of brakes is important to ensure safety. If you drive your vehicle with braking problems then you are increasing the risk damage to the braking system, along with putting yourself and others at risk.