American’s today seek instantaneous gratification for everything. They want drive through drug stores, fast food shops and banking. In fact, statistics show that proximity to their home is one of the leading reasons people give when choosing most of their service providers.
When choosing an auto body shop, many people Google “auto body shops near me.” While their search will likely return them several pages of results, asking for “auto body shops near me” won’t tell return important information such as: pricing; how many service bays are available; whether all work is done on premises, whether they warranty their work and whether their clients would recommend them to others.
“Auto body shops near me” may be a great way to start your search, but when it comes to choosing an auto body shop, I highly recommend that you follow it up with some questions which should be easily answered by a quality auto body shop.
Things you should look for when choosing an “auto body shop near me.”
1) Warranty of Service. A reputable auto body shop should warranty their work without excuses;
2) A standard list of pricing. Any auto body shop who cannot give you prices for standard services such as oil, belt and hose changes is not one I would do business with.
3) Availability of new factory parts for the make and model of your vehicle. Auto body shops who use aftermarket (counterfeit parts) are voiding your vehicles warranty which may save you money up front but cost you dearly in the long run.
4) Free estimate for service. This is a no brainer. If they want your business let them earn it.
5) Basic maintenance packages. If they don’t offer annual maintenance packages, they have no interest in keeping your car running but instead are trying to make money off of your misfortune.
These are just a few of the questions you should ask when looking for an “auto body shop near me.” Barry’s Auto Body is conveniently located in Staten Island, servicing Brooklyn, Manhattan and the Elizabeth, NJ areas so it’s likely that we will come up in your search for “auto body shop near me.” In addition to being near you, our greatest advantage is that we have been in business for more than 30 years, we are family owned and operated and we put you – the customer first.